Project Assessment & Management
The success or failure of a project is primarily determined by its management, becoming the assessment of process what provides conclusive information on the fulfillment of project objectives.
In the field of software and systems engineering, planning and managing projects often suffer from deficiencies in the implementation of component processes applicable to any project or project phase.
THINK&SELL identifies gaps that make projects management less effective and efficient. These gaps relate to the processes of risk management, communication and evaluation, helping customers to improve their project management capabilities by providing the following specialized services:
Project Risk Management:
The risk management processes should be integrated with project management. The integration effectiveness is critical to project success.
THINK&SELL adopts and applies the following principles, based on its experience in risk management:
- To create and protect value.
- To be part of all organizational processes associated to the project.
- To be part of the decision-making.
- To deal with uncertainty.
- To adapt the best practices to each project.
- To iterate management activities based on project progress.
- To provide transparent and timely information.
- To facilitate organization continuous improvement.
Planning and Management Communication:
Communication, both internally and externally, is an aspect often neglected and poorly made.
In projects with multiple participants, complex, average or low duration, or other critical characteristics, planning and communication management are activities that improve the overall management of the project and add value in terms of improving the coordination of actions, dissemination of the importance of the project to minimize resistance, improve relations between the various interests of those affected, and so on.
THINK&SELL brings knowledge and experience in communication activities with experts in projects that complement the general disciplines of project management with the media.
Evaluation of projects in progress or completed:
The purpose of this service is to provide an independent opinion of the intermediate or final results of projects in order to make informed decisions in a systematic analysis of the results achieved during the development process to properly act, enabling the project to continue or stop it or to synthesize the lessons learned to help transfer the knowledge to the organization and have experience capturing the good and bad practices undertaken.
There are different kinds of project evaluation:
- Assessing the costs and effectiveness of the project.
- Evaluation of the results or impact.
- Evaluation of the adequacy of the implementation of the project.
- Assessing the need for the project.
- Other criteria or approach to the assessment.
For organizations that develop projects or acquire software development projects, evaluation is a tool that provides information of projects status beyond the monitoring and control of the project management plan.
A typical evaluation process is shown in the diagram below:
THINK&SELL conducts independent evaluations thanks to professionals with proven experience, providing:
- More objective assessment processes, providing new perspectives and independent criticism.
- We dedicate more time and attention to the assessing rather than the customers themselves.
- We bring different experiences with different types of evaluations and sizes of project implementation.