How is your communication working? Is it a unidirectional monologue from a corporative untouchable entity, or is it a dialogue between people with shared interests and goals?
Communication audit deeply analyzes messages emitted by your organization and how they are perceived by people whom they are addressed, whether they are internal or external audiences from your organization.
Communication audit is an essential tool to assess your organization’s identity (what we say we are) and image (how we are perceived). It identifies whether the organization is using a coherent, consistent and honest tone or not, or if on the contrary, is a confusing and distrust generator tone.
Usually, when performing a communication audit the following issues are analyzed:
- How your communication system is working and who manages it.
- How is the company perceived by different audiences.
- What are the existing links between internal and external communication.
- Contents, quality and value for audiences (internal and external) of communication materials.
- How and by what means does the organization communicate with its employees.
- How and by what means does the organization communicate with its customers.
- How and by what means does the organization communicate with its shareholders.
- How and by what means does the organization communicate with its partners.
- How is the relationship between the organization and the Mass Media
- How does the organization participate in media and social networks.
- How is the tone that the organization uses to communicate: corporate, friendly, technique, formal, informal, etc.
At THINK&SELL we analyze the status of communication channels at all levels, and we propose improving actions to create stronger and enduring emotional connections with customers and society.